Hilary Swank wins Oscar in 2000 for 'Boys don't cry' in Randolph Duke dress
The moment you win the Oscar is maybe one of the most profound moment your career.
So beside the speech, you have to look good. Let’s see what the actresses wore at the Oscar the night they took their trophies home. Because those dresses have become an inspiration for million of women worldwide.
- In 2001, Julia Roberts took the Oscar for her role in ‘Erin Brockovich’. That night she wore a black vintage Valentino gown.
Julia Roberts in 2001
- In 2002, Halle Berry showed the world that a non-white actor can win an Oscar. This is what she did for her performance in ‘Monsters Ball’. On the red carpet she wore a burgundy floral Elie Saab gown.
Halle Berry in 2002
- Nicole Kidman won the Oscar playing Virginia Woolf in ‘The Hours’ in 2003. She took her trophy in a Jean Paul Gaultier gown.
Nicole Kidman in 2003
- The night she won the Oscar for ‘Monster, in 2004, Charlize Theron was wearing a Gucci gown.
Charlize Theron in 2004
- In 2005, Hilary Swank looked fabulous while taking her Oscar for ‘Million Dollar Baby’ in navy gown by Guy Laroche.
Hilary Swank in 2005
- Reese Witherspoon was so beautiful in 2006 when she won the Oscar for ‘Walk the Line’. That night she wore a vintage gown by Christian Dior.
Reese Witherspoon in 2006
- Helen Mirren was 61-year-old in 2007 when she won the Oscar for her role in ‘The Queen’. But she looked amazing in her Christian Lacroix gown.
Helen Mirren in 2007
- In 2008, cute Marion Cottilard took the Oscar for the role of her life in ‘The Mome’. On the red carpet she wore a gown by Jean Paul Gaultier.
Marion Cotillard in 2008
- Kate Winslet won the Oscar for her performance in ‘The Reader’ in 2009 and she took the trophy while wearing a gown by Stefano Pilati for Yves Saint Laurent.
Kate Winslet in 2009
- In 2010, Sandra Bullock was happy (at least for a few days) after she won the Oscar for her role in ‘the Blind Side’. On the red carpet she wore a silver Marchesa gown.
Sandra Bullock in 2010