Philip Seymour Hoffman death cause: heroin overdose
New information on Philip Seymour Hoffman‘s death case appeared over the last hours. According to TMZ, the authorities found a needle in the actor’s arm.
Hoffman was found dead in the bathroom inside a Greenwich apartment. He was wearing just a pair of boxer shorts and a needle was sticking out of his left arm.
The police also found 10 glassine envelopes (2 of the envelopes had heroin, the other 8 were probably empty). It looks like one of the envelopes had “Ace of Spades” written on it. The other one had an ace of hearts symbol. Such symbols and words are often markers from people who make heroin.
The actor was supposed to pick up his kids at 9 AM on February 2, but he didn’t show up. His friends became concerned, they came over just to find the actor dead in his home.
It’s not the first time when Hoffman has drugs issues. He checked himself into a rehab facility for heroin back in May. He had been clean for 23 years but relapsed in 2012.
An autopsy will take place on February 3.
According to several sources, Hoffman was still in a relationship with costume designer Mimi O’Donnell at the time of his death. The two began dating in 1999 after meeting on the set of ‘In Arabia We’d All Be Kings’, which Hoffman directed. They have three children: son Cooper, 11, and daughters Tallulah, 7, and Willa, 5.