2013 Golden Globes nominations: who was ignored?
The Golden Globes nominations were announced on December 13 by Megan Fox, Ed Helms and Jessica Alba. Following the announcement, many stars are probably celebrating. But there are also actors who got snubbed from the nods list. Let’s see who was ignored.
- Julie Bowen is not on the list, though ABC’s ‘Modern Family’ was once again nominated for Best Television Comedy or Musical.
- Christian Bale and his final film in the ‘Batman’ franchise ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ were completely ignored.
- Keira Knightley was also forgotten in the Best Actress – Drama category for her role in ‘Anna Karenina’
- Jon Hamm scored an individual nomination in the Best Actor – Television Drama category, but his series ‘Mad Men’, was ignored in the Best TV Drama category.
- ABC’s breakout hit Revenge was also snubbed from the nominations list.
- HBO’s ‘True Blood’ and ‘Game of Thrones’ is missing from the list as well.
- Fortunately, Lindsay Lohan didn’t receive a nomination for her portrayal of Elizabeth Taylor in Lifetime’s Liz & Dick
- Matthew McConaughey and Channing Tatum were noticeably snubbed despite their highly acclaimed roles in ‘Magic Mike’.
The Golden Globes will air January 13, 2013 from the Beverly Hilton Hotel. The event will be hosted by Tina Fey and Amy Poehler.