2012 CFDA winners
The CFDA Awards are the fashion world’s version of the Oscars, which means there are winners and losers and lots of red carpet action. The event was held at Alice Tully Hall in New York City on Monday, June 4.
Check out the full list of winners!
- Womenswear Designer of the Year: Ashley Olsen and Mary-Kate Olsen of The Row (though, what they wore for the event forced us to put them on our worst dressed stars list)
- Menswear Designer of the Year: Billy Reid
- Accessories Designer of the Year: Reed Krakoff
- Swarovski Award for Emerging Talent in Womenswear: Joseph Altuzarra
- Swarovksi Award for Emerging Talent in Menswear: Phillip Lim
- Swarovski Award for Emerging Talent in Accessories: Tabitha Simmons
- Geoffrey Beene Lifetime Achievement Award: Tommy Hilfiger
- International Award: Rei Kawakubo
- Founders Award, in honor of Eleanor Lambert: Andrew Rosen
- Media Award, in honor of Eugenia Sheppard: Scott Schuman and Garance Dore
- Fashion Icon Award: Johnny Depp (oh, come on!)